IIT Gandhinagar is committed to offering unique and unparalleled educational experiences for its students. We pride ourselves in reimagining education by creating, experimenting with and celebrating new paradigms of teaching and learning. We have incorporated several novel approaches, including design and innovation, in the academic experience to foster creativity, imagination and alternative thinking. The Design and Innovation curricular and extra curricular programs offer students immersive and hands-on experience.
IITGN is seeking applications from outstanding faculty candidates for its Design and Innovation program. The following positions are available currently:
Career Faculty Positions
- Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor. (Involved in full time research, teaching and institute building)
Non-career Faculty Positions
- Assistant Research/Teaching Professor, Associate Research/Teaching Professor (Contractual position with responsibilities for either teaching or research)
- Professor of Practice (Details here: https://iitgn.ac.in/careers/pop)
- Visiting Professor, Adjunct Professor. (Involvement can be flexible for a month-long short course, full semester course, or being part of the center for one year or more. The activities can be teaching, research, project supervision, or service.
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented design professionals. A PhD is preferred, but not required for faculty positions in the design programme. We encourage applications from outstanding design professionals who may not possess a PhD, but have a strong record and portfolio.
Current priority areas for DIC are the following; however, we are open to other areas:
- Product design
- Industrial design
- Human centered design
- Interactive design
- Interface design
- Design for sustainability
- Rehabilitation and bio-medical design
- Automobile design
- Visual communication
- Graphic design
- Augmented reality and Virtual reality
- Game design
- Design for masses
- Environmental design
- Furniture design
- Design aesthetics
At IITGN, each faculty member gets full support and resources for curricular and co-curricular initiatives. If you can contribute to our ecosystem and mission to build a world-class institute, you should consider working with us. IITGN provides its career faculty grants and funds to recruit Design Associates, Ph.D. and Postdoctoral fellows in their pursuit of excellence.